Tuesday 13 November 2012

Zaphiro Moda ....

.... is Italian for Sapphire Designs.  My favorite stone.  I also tend to make alot of things from hypertufa waterfalls to food to petit point.  So Sapphire Designs seemed appropriate and in Italian it sounds good too.  I hope to use this site to chronicle anything that interests me - be it a recipe, a book, a movie, learning to do something........I think you get the idea.

Christmas is coming up fast.  I try to make all my christmas cards and I'm hoping that this year is not the exception.  I'm planning on quilling little snowflakes with a metallic blue edge on a white and blue card.  I've finally decided on a simple snowflake design after several hours of fiddling around.  The Siamese cat, Tam Ling (which means Naughty like a Monkey) found the quilling paper and decided to munch on it.  I think I bought more than enough though that it shouldn't be a problem.  I'll put up a pic when I get them done.

                           
Now I want to make these as well.  Too many cute things to make and too little time.  I'll have to try and remember to make them for next year.  I usually make and donate something to a museum which has a Christmas Silent Auction as a fundraiser.  So maybe I will try to make some of these in different colours to auction as a set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment