Thursday 10 January 2013

Happy New Year

I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  We went to BC to visit family.  In the month before Christmas I made many, many bags from scrap fabric to "wrap" presents in.  They were color coded; Mom had red velvet, Dad had green velvet and my brother got blue with white snowflakes.

I made very simple quilled cards this year.  A small snowflake in the middle of the card.  Unfortunately,   I mailed them all before I thought to take a picture.  The snowflake was made from 1/8" white quilling paper with a metallic blue edge.  It was placed on a small white circle which was bordered by a metallic blue of the same color as the edge of the quilling paper.  This was mounted on metallic white or cream cardstock - I only had so much white card stock as it turned out and needed to substitute the cream.  This is at least the second time I have used snowflakes as the focal point of Christmas cards in the last 4 years.  I need to start thinking about this years christmas cards now I guess.

I get the Mary Maxim catalog and have finally decided to order something.

This nativity is sculpted cross-stitch and my mother-in-law will absolutely adore it.  


These little guys are cross-stitch.  I plan to break them up into sets of 5 and donate some to a museum Christmas Silent Auction Fund Raiser.  Some may end up on our tree and I imagine that some will be presents.

We are also having a birth in my husbands side of the family and I am madly crocheting a baby blanket for the occasion.  It won't be needed for about another 6 months but it is such a finicky blanket with many colour changes and takes awhile to make.  Look back in a couple of weeks to see the finished product.  I promise to remember to take a picture of this one :)


1 comment:

  1. I am still so sad I missed you this Christmas. I am finally getting over the cold, but its still not gone.
    I really like your ideas for Christmas next year. I found a Mary maxim catalog the other day at the post office someone had left behind, I hadn't seen one in years. Wasn't to sure if they where still in business, glad they are.

    ReplyDelete